Wednesday, May 25, 2011

One of those days

Sometimes I have bad days, the pain I'm in makes me angry or frustrated and i can't have people touching me or getting too close, demanding my focus when I can't really do that. We call them "touchy". Yesterday was one of those days and it was bad for the kids and me and my diet suffered as well. Mike is very understanding about these sort of times, but I never stop feeling bad about it.
I still hurt, my back and shoulders are tight knots, my ribs ache, my abdomen and pelvis have been cramping, too. Clenching my jaw to the point of a headache, listening to my joints pop when I move. The day of is worse than the day after but it still hurts and I'm a bit stand-offish yet.
The kids were good, they understood not to pull or climb on me and Mike gave me a kiss and let me be... that's a little sad to me. But the worst of all was my diet. I've been working hard and being careful and I'm upset that I allowed myself to wallow in it and seek comfort in food. I made up a batch of chocolate fudge cupcakes with strawberry filling and buttercream frosting. yeah...... I ate 2 and enough spoon licking to count as 3. The craving appeased, I turned around to see 19 cupcakes left on the counter and thought, Oh, puppies, how badly am I going off my diet if I don't get rid of those?! Mike came home and had one, that gave me an idea - send them to work with him! I set aside a few for todays dessert and the rest went to City Hall. It was a plus to get compliments for them, but I got the temptation out of my house!!! Big step. I need to be careful of days like this in the future because of how badly my mood undermines my plans.

No comments: