Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I love Avon

I have a few friends who sell Avon and I like to look through the E-zines and newsletters because they have neat stuff, good prices and great sales but I never bought anything. I wanted to, don't get me wrong, but the money and sales never seemed to coincide.
My sister in law started selling and I had the money, finally, so of course I indulged myself and placed an order. I got a little mini heart-shaped mold that's just adorable, I think the kids will love it. I also got them one each of scented bath time body paints for the fun of it, and then for me I took advantage of a 3 for $9 sale on nail polish and nail products. I got enamel in Cherry Jubilee and Tweed. I LOVE them. I also got a base coat because my nails have little lines on them and tend to get stained by strong polish colors. Of course, I also got a top coat to finish off the manicured look. They looks so gorgeously smooth and glossy now.
Putting on and taking off polish is hard on my nails, so I got a nail strengthening liquid called Strong Results. It says I'm supposed to put it on clean dry nails one or twice a day for 5 days without using polish during that time. The reviews looked good and I figured it couldn't hurt to try. Wow, I underestimated this stuff.

It smells a little like Nag Champa as it dries which is nice and right now I'm on day 4 and I'm so pleased with my nails. They are SO much stronger, I love it.
I also heard good things about Avons Naturals conditioner, and I have tried just about everything out there to moisturise and shine my very curly hair so why not? I got banana&coconut milk, and almond oil &avocado. I tried the banana conditioner first and it's ok, I'm not impressed with the scent, it reminds me of being at the pool in my childhood summers and it wasn't as Hydrating as it could have been but my hair looked good. Shiny and nicely coiled curls, just a bit dry. I've always had positive result with avocado or almond so I think that one might work better for me. I co-wash and I love trying new conditioners.

No comments: