Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sort of a pointless update, but you love me so it's ok

Dr.Weeks, my favorite OB/GYN ever, put me on progesterone pills. 10mg a day for 10 days.
Yeah, it sucks. It's supposed to mimic the natural hormone levels just before a period. Then, when I quit taking it, the sudden drop in the levels should kick start a cycle. If it works I'll be so happy, but having a real PMS after months of nothing is like a slap in the face. Who wants that? Not me.
I'm cramping, emotional, sore, bitchy, and apparently acne, nervousness, and fatigue are side effects of the pills. Yay for me. Pfft.
In other news, my little sister and her family are coming to visit. I got a call from her, asking if it would be ok to come visit from late Wednesday to Saturday.
Um. Well, of course I would love a visit form all of them, they are always welcome. My hesitation was only because she was a little hesitant herself. Being me, I couldn't help but ask... Soooooo, what brings you up?
Juan said he took a day off and wanted to come up and visit. Dunno why.
Oh. Not sure what to do with that. Glad he wants to connect with us?
I stayed up late Monday and when i got ready to go to bed the clock on my computer said TUESDAY. Damn, that means I only have one afternoon to clean the whole house! It is never good enough, but this time it was such a mess that I knew I would need more time than one afternoon especially because I workout in the morning study at noon and care for my monsters in between.
I cleaned the spots on the carpet, did a bunch of laundry, some dishes, got the co-sleeper and swing set up, and the boys room clean. OH, I washed the dogs and brushed D, to. He's no picnic, people. He loves it and behaves, but it's a second workout in one day and then he follows me around begging for it never to end. I put up a bunch of pictures and hung the boys dry erase board, a shelf for the cute little alphabet train my Nanny gave the boys, and a couple of posters in the boys room, too.
Mike is picking up the food we'll need for the next few days since we'll have 4 adults and 7 kids in the house. I still need to clean the guest room (Mase made it snow all over the upstairs with the insides of the shredder. Whee, let it snow.) and get the bed made up. dang it, I still need to clean The bathroom and get some towels washed. Sigh Tonight is gonna be even more tiring than today was.
I'm looking forward to the kids all getting together for a few days, they just didn't get to spend as much time together as I would have wished on our last visit. then again, we only expected to stay two days and it was for a somber occassion. There is tons of room and I made sure to tell Bert to bring really warm clothes for the short people so they can play outside.
I get to have girl chat and a baby boy fix. mmm, warm soft little baby boy. I miss my kids being that age and I was hoping to already be expecting by now, so a fix will be great. I'm hoping that we make meals that Juan will eat and that he doesn't feel left out. He's a very quiet man and even when he does talk I don't understand him very well. It's funny, but awkward.
I'll be back Sunday.

No comments: