Monday, March 22, 2010

The Shrinking Woman project

I haven't exactly been shy about my weight or the efforts I have been making to lose a few of those unwanted pounds. I have been big all my life, but my average adult weight was 250. At 240 I was really happy with how I looked. Over the last 8 years I have ballooned up to 320 and down to 250 3 times. Both of my grandmothers and my mom are diabetic now and my younger sister is hypoglycemic. I NEED to lose weight and teach my kids how to eat well.
I started out with using our recumbent bike and some hand weights til a friend told me about Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It looked like simple, easy moves, just 2lb weights needed and it was 20 minutes a day for 30 days. I ended up doing a couple of weeks of it and saw wonderful results but it was too hard on my 300 lb body. i know she says 400 l people can do it, but who is really going to wake up every morning and do something that hurts? I was spending a few hours recovering and falling behind on my housework and being grumpy with the kids, too.
Mike and I talked and decided it might be better to do a half and half - walking and The Shred. I don't have a work-out friend or someone who can keep me motivated so I have to keep MYSELF going.So far, I am diggin' it. I lost three pounds in the last 7 days and I feel great. I haven't seen a drastic size change, but I FEEL wonderful, I am sleeping better, and cellulite is fading. It's not gone, but it's so much smoother. If I keep it up, I might be halfway to my goal weight in a couple of months.

No comments: