Saturday, May 8, 2010

There is good stuff, I promise

As most of you know, I am overweight and battling it. Today was a huge slap in the face of that goal. Oops. But I am keepin' on keepin' on, I won't give. And for good reason. I was worried when I lost 6 pounds in two weeks then stopped. I didn't give up, I forged on. I increased my workout time, I upped the intensity, I more than doubled the miles.
Still no scale change. I measured myself and I have lost a small amount in inches, but not enough to show the amount of work I am putting into my journey to transformation. BUT....
I am happy enough. I say that because I would love to have more obvious changes. It was my goal to lose 8-10 pounds a month and in this month I have actually gained a little - mostly water weight I think since it comes and goes overnight, but still. Gain is hard to see in bold black numbers. That's the bad. The good? I look better. It's nothing drastic and amazing, but my calves are muscled and hard again other than the soft spot on the inner side of my knees, my thighs still touch (let's be honest here, they always will, even when I was fit they touched) but it's not at the knee or even at the halfway mark - it's less than halfway. My saddle bags are shrinking visibly and the cellulite on the back of my thighs is fading. Enough to make me think of shorts this summer if it keeps up!
My core is tighter, I feel fitter and my belly doesn't sag like it used to. My butt is SMALLER. Hows that for a good change? My shirts still fit about the same, but my pants are loose and flowy now.
Not a 22 yet, but edging up on it! I can't trust the numbers and I promised myself to look for the changes in how I felt, how clothes fit and what I looked like, not BMI or pounds so I am holding true to my promise to myself. And I am changing. Oh, lordy I never thought I would see the day I could work out for an hour or bike 6 miles and LIKE it!! I need to be more careful about my food. I never thought it would be SO hard to eat 5 small meals a day. I mean, I snack and I make healthy little meals for the kids all the time, it should come easy. No way, it's hard!
I think I may need to make my snacks and have them in the fridge and then have food combos ready and on hand so I don't go for the fast and fatty stuff in the fridge. I need to set a clock or something so that I don't forget to eat or put it off.
On the upside, water intake is easier now that I have my metal water bottle. It's always with me and since it has a screw top, NO KID SPILLS!!!!!
OK people, I'm forcing myself to make things a little more positive. I'm changing my goal this week since the small meals are so out the door.
This week- One day this week find an alternative to working out in the house.
Make and package snacks.
Write a meal plan for 7 days and make sure the food is on hand.
Water and green tea only.
Here's hoping!

No comments: