Thursday, May 28, 2009

Time again for the worlds most uninteresting updates!

My Peace rose is still holding on, the leaves are droopy and thin but the stems look healthy and the leaves are still green so I am pretending there is nothing wrong.
My other rose is still black and lifeless though, so I might have to face reality and let it Rest in Peace instead of continuing to try and force life into it.



Thank goodness the rest of my houseplants have been making me feel better about the dubious color of my thumb. They are growing really well and greening up nicely. Over the winter I was sure I would lose a couple of them, but no, they live!



I am particularly happy about my pink peony surviving. The youngest child has dug it up with a kitchen spoon three times now. THREE! Why does he persist? It's not yummy, it's not pretty, I can't even think it's much fun since he gets in trouble every time.



They aren't the only things growing like weeds. Say HI! The youngest is missing because he's down sleeping for the moment. I might post a picture of him later.



We're supposed to be signing papers either tomorrow or (more likely) Monday. We're leaving tomorrow after work to go get my mom. If we sign the papers tomorrow, we'll get her and rush back, but if we don't sign til Monday then we'll stay the whole weekend and visit everyone. Mike talked to the landlord and he's agreed to let us pay for another week here so that we have time to move.









While I'm looking forward to being in the new house, I'm already missing the vast green lawns and many beds of flowering plants here. The kids will have to make do with sandy soil and native sparse grasses for this summer. Next spring brings plans and planting, but there really isn't much I can do right away.
I'm still not excited, not even really hopeful yet. I know it annoys Mike, he has called me Eeyore and done that frustrated, annoyed snorty-huff thing a few times already. He just doesn't get it, I CAN'T be hopeful. That's putting too much of my heart on the line when I have already done that and every time it gets bruised up more. I can't take any more.
BUT, since it means a lot to him I am attempting to present a more optimistic face. I'm counting on it eventually working it's way to being real hope and happiness, but I just don't feel it.My happiness is based in my mom coming to stay with us. YAY!

No comments: