Thursday, March 12, 2009

I've been busy

OK, so partially busy, partially sick. Things have been badly timed this month and I got sick the day of Mack's surgery and my body pretty much shut down in response. I couldn't stay awake, I was sleeping 12-14 hours at a time, no matter what I tried.
This morning I woke after 5 hours sleep so I am assuming I'm finally better. THANK GOODNESS!! I couldn't take waking up at some horrible hour again.
The house is better than it was because during my indisposition, Mike took care of the kitchen. Thank you Mike! I love it when you do stuff like that.
Mack is doing much better. He is allowing us to brush his teeth without flinching or crying anymore, the stitches are either all pulled out or dissolved and the sensitive gums where the teeth were extracted seem to be smoothing out and less tender to him. Of course, there are times he bites a food wrong and jabs himself, but for the most part he's learned to eat with missing front teeth.

We finally got the call we were waiting for, the final firm date for our move-in. Well.... Good news is that we are moving in. We get the house (I was worried about a last minute problem making it impossible after all) HOWEVER- the delay has jumped from 14 or 18 days to 35. You heard me, Thirty five day delay.
We get to move in on the 14th of April. Sigh. I'm disappointed, I was expecting to move in on the 15th of this month. Still thrilled we get the house at all!!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Aww,Sorry you've been so sick,but very glad you're better. By the way, regarding your comment on my hat; yes it looks a bit like a ....and the shawl is the one I made for Mom. Thanks for likng it!