Monday, March 2, 2009

Good Luck to me

however, I tire easily these days. To accommodate Mike's work schedule, my kid-watching schedule, and the fact that we are going to either work so much we wear ourselves out OR succumb to the temptations of procrastination, I've worked up a simple plan that allows an in-depth cleaning and organizing of the room at a leisurely pace.
I'm assigning each room it's own day(s) during which my attention will be devoted solely to cleaning from floor to ceiling, organizing, and sorting into Keep, Toss, or Donate (based on a tv show to help people unclutter... and boy do I need that help. It was actually Keep Toss and Sell, but we don't have the time energy or inclination to sell. Instead it's being donated to a local thrift store)

Here is the simple plan so far;

Monday and Tuesday - living room
Wednesday and Thursday - kitchen
Friday - Mack's oral surgery.
Saturday - bathrooms
Sunday - boy's bedroom.
Monday and Tuesday - master bedroom.
Wednesday - weeding, trimming, picking up toys, general yard cleanup.
Thursday - all minor repairs including bathtub calking, lightbulbs, fixing hinges.. yadda yadda yadda
Friday through Sunday - GARAGE. Lots of sorting and tossing to do there, but most of it is in boxes that can easily be moved to the new house without being sorted first if necessary.
This takes us to the 15th, the original move in date. Since the 15th is a Sunday and we are told we aren't likely to get the keys til a full business day after the paperwork is finalized, we actually expected the 17th to be the big day. That was til we were told there was a 14 day delay.. then it became and 18 day delay.
Just in case there is a miracle and we are actually moving the week of the 15th, I want us to be ready.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Today I jumped out of the starting gate with a big fat 'flllppp' noise. That's the sound of failure. I am making up for it by cleaning the boys room and the bathrooms tonight.

Melanie said...

Another day gone and little to show. Bathrooms and boys room are mostly done and two loads of dishes done.
Mike was sick today and Foxy has gone missing, so I was distracted from my daily goal. tomorrow I have a lot of catching up because Friday is Mack's surgery.