Friday, January 9, 2009

The sunrise really does sing

Normally I am a 9am riser... I've tried all different hours and the one that seems to be kindest is 9. That said, I've been having sleep issues since somewhere in November. I think the end of the month? Not a new thing, I've been sort of an insomniac from my early teens, but when I am pregnant I adore the fatigue, it makes me sleep, then during nursing I get the relaxed snuggly sleep thing going on. Now Mase's over a year old and I had a stressful time the end of 2008. My sleep was worse than it's been in years.
Last night I had a REALLY hard time with him... kicking, flopping, waking. Ugh. Then I woke with Mike's alarm at 6:30. At 7 he left, I snuggled back in my bed, nearly drifted and then he called. He'd gotten paranoid about leaving the garage door open, haha. I tried to crawl back in bed, but that warm, perfect-position feeling was gone and I saw the pink clouds out the window. I figured, I'll get back in, fight sleep, wake the baby, then crash somewhere around noon. Or - I'll get up and make coffee and enjoy the sunrise.
So I was up watching the sun and getting time to myself. Ahh, feels good.

No comments: