Wednesday, January 7, 2009

So much for "a few hours"

Sorry about that to anyone who reads this blog and actually hoped I would be updating. It was a crazy time involving horrid weather, new tire chains, being snowed in for an extra day, and the loudest presents anyone has ever given my children. No pictures since darling baby boy stole my camera and I haven't discovered where the little Jeremy put it. Don't look so blank. You know, Jeremy, as in Secret of Nimh? Couldn't resist the shiny? Still nothin', huh. Visual aid time, people! And you have to admit, it's better than calling him The Stain. Which we only do infrequently these days. I still yell it in my head though. Hehe.



Moving on to today. I have been killing myself watching Food Network. We didn't have it with this provider, but after we came back from Thanksgiving visit to my Nanny and Dandad's house, we had it. Poof, like a fairy granting a wish. the kids and Mike and I are all mesmerized as soon as it comes on, hands down the most watched channel. So tonight I made a grape jelly sheet cake with peanut butter icing. It smells heavenly ( despite it's looks) and I am restraining myself waiting for dessert or Mike's arrival, whichever is first.

Thanks to the gray, dripping, melty and yet still too cold to go outside weather, the kids and I are indoors and going slowly mad. I would have said quietly, but the only time things are quiet here is when we are losing valuable material possessions or a child is about to scream and/or bleed. I am currently trying to make up for the neglect to my house that happened leading up to the holidays. Yeah, fun times.

1 comment:

LinLori said...

I am going to your house. And I will eat your jelly sheet cake with peanut butter. And then have coffee. And proceed to drool over your yarn.

If I could do all that, though, I suppose I would've been there to help in the making of the sheet cake. George is sad to be so far away.