Friday, December 12, 2008

The SWAP is here, the SWAP is here!!!!

It was delivered late because I thought I sent money for postage and ... well, didn't. then it was sent to my Nanny's house because I was going to be there for a long time. BUT since it was late shipping, we left Sunday it got there Monday. Oh, and I gave the sender the wrong address. Oops.
Nanny opened it to slip in a lovely card with holiday money for the entire family, re labeled it and off it went. It got here today. And as usual, I ran out to greet the mailman in something entirely inappropriate. This time it was a short robe and a hair tie, nothing else. Not even my contacts. It's no one's fault that baby's nap time coincides perfectly with my address on their route. I think I've become a post office joke, they are already laughing before I get out there most times and they never leave a "come get it at the post office because I was too lazy to deliver it" note anymore.
EDITED to ADD - you have to click on the picture, it's too large to fit and I am too dumb to know how to fix it. Thank you.
Edited again to say I'm not too dumb after all! I fixed it. Go me.

I opened it SO excitedly and with good reason - the ladies at Granola Chicks are one talented and creative group. I got
Photobucket
1)a set of vanilla cinnamon white chocolate spoons that I am dying to open and use immediately. I love you.
2) chocolate caramel Ghirardelli Cafe (have I ever mentioned how much I love coffee? and chocolate?) mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
3)an Italian herb mix that makes me drool at visions of melted cheese, tomato sauce and bread sticks dancing in my head. I keep opening it to sniff and drool a little more.
4)sinus relief bath salts with lavender, eucalyptus, and mint (who doesn't need THAT this time of year) they are lightly scented, so nice!
5)Garden Fresh Scrubbie soap, made with goats milk, rosemary, basil, peppermint and coffee grounds. Can you imagine the scent? Mmmmmm. I adore hand made soap. It's a sickness. Someday it will be my downfall.
6)a baby mitten sachet, it has the scented beads (I am assuming) inside and it sewn shut with a piece of elastic on the cuff for hanging. It's adorable and went straight on my door, I had to go get it back for the picture. It reminds me of clean laundry, summer flowers and fresh air.
7) A beautiful bracelet with green crystals surrounding these tan M&M shaped and sized beads (looks like agate to me) and couple of silver beads and a silver lobster clasp. I am not doing it justice, it really is gorgeous.
8)The cutest pincushion EVER. It's a glass bottle with a brown cloth cover, cloth measuring tape around the top, random unique buttons sewn on the cover and a felt cushion stuffed in it with bright shiny colored pins already in place. I love it so. The best pincushion I've ever had, hands down.

I made caramel popcorn and chocolate truffles as my addition to the swap. I think they were all waiting on me to get my package before we all shared what we got - and I was late. Really late.
And though there is no chance of her reading this, thank you so much Nanny!!! The kids will love getting to go to the store and buy something with their own money. I do too, because there is no wrapping paper to clean up after and I get all mushy inside watching them add up the purchases and buy it all by themselves at the cash register. Like tiny little men.

1 comment:

Joleen said...

cooooool. that's some good fluffy mail!