Saturday, November 22, 2008

OH, I love my friends!!!

I got a package from Sock Dreams about 4 days ago... I am so in love. I thought this was my treat and I would savor it for a long time, but I was surprised by my friends.
Jen was really patient with me and when I finally got my act together, she sent me my GORGEOUS skirts. I took no pictures because I was wearing them the instant I unwrapped them. I have 6 of them now and sadly, this means I have to stop - that was what I thought til my darling husband said these were the prettiest yet and I could order some for gifts. OOOH OOOH! I'm gonna have to DO that. Smart man. In the package of skirts was such a sweet little gift... a couple of handmade soaps that smell just wonderful, some tea that I sat sniffing most of an hour, a couple of spotted wash cloths (have I mentioned how I adore spots?) a panty liner that's too cute made by Tina at Sunshine Wishes, and a gift certificate for $5 at Closet on Queen Creek.
It was like my own little Very Merry UnBirthday. I think I made Mike admire everything twice.
I counted myself as the luckiest girl on the block and was again planning to make it last with savoring :)
We are packing to go see My Kirsten and then go see family, running in and out packing suitcases, checking fluids, yadda yadda yadda and Mike came in the house long enough for his glasses to fog and tell me that our single neighbor was having trouble unloading her propane tanks. When he came back in he announces "I have a package for you Sweetheart!"
Snort. Once the giggling stopped, I saw the name was my very own George and I racked my brain to remember what I could possibly be expecting from her... nothing came to mind. I opened it to find a note (I love you too George) along with YARN. It deserves caps and it's own punctuated sentence. Such a beautiful color!!! I will have hours of fun figuring out what to make with it.
She also packed a pretty mug.. I adore coffee mugs, I collect them... candy in the mug YUM, hot cocoa mix which my children promptly stole and were pretending burned them.
Look the word hot, OUCH, it burns me! You hold it.
OUCH!
I'm proud.

The best thing yet was a gem sweater. I can't even begin to go into the back ground on the conversation George and I shared about Gem Sweaters, but I will share this. It may help you understand. Leslie Hall, if you read this, I love you.

1 comment:

LinLori said...

Hooray!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed everything in the package :) It was for your November swap - I think the stitch markers were just a random act of kindness. Because you'd better believe I picked you for November's swap :D The sweater had to go to you. I'm too obsessed with my VS hoodie and it wasn't getting enough love, haha! Hugs and smooches, enjoy going to see your family!!
-George