Saturday, June 12, 2010

I got sunshine!

Today I woke at 5 am to see the sun peeping over the horizon with an orange glow.I looked warm,it should have been cozy... it was cold. Brrr, chilly,enough that I turned up the heaters. No one likes to wake to a frozen nose and ears. By noon, it was hot and sunny and simply gorgeous, so we did what any good loving parents would -we shoved them outside and shut the door. Well...not completely. I went out and took some pictures and enjoyed the sun,too. They also got Otter Pops. Yum. See, I'm still a good mom.
I am so so so so so to see sun. That may come as a surprise since I tend to hiss in direct sunlight, but even people like me need warmth and a little UV action. The birds singing, plants green and blooming, my kids playing in the sun and not wearing coats. Good times.
I stopped exercising a month ago since I was hurting, but I am not seeing it get better any time soon and I have managed to hold my weight steady but that might not last, so I am going back to walking every day. I missed the activity,the feeling of health that came along with it and the good habits it was instilling in my children.
I'm going to take it a little easier on myself than I did before, I'm aiming for activity, not sweating bullets and hurting myself. I would love a bike to ride or a way to go on those gorgeously long walks I used to love.
Back to the point! I m going to be getting active again and I hope to lose about 10 pounds. That should get me to nearly a 22, at least a small 24. I'd be pleased with that.

No comments: