Thursday, July 1, 2010

Starting over

I had been doing fairly well with my little business of crochet... til I had my youngest child. Understandably I was wrapped up in him, but my business suffered. I want so badly to make money from home, I don't want to leave my kids and I would like getting a night job to be a last resort. Crochet is what I love and I am really good at it, I just suck at managing a business.
I placed a couple of ads in Craigslist and in my Melanie's Closet Project Blog in hopes of garnering interest. I also brought it up to the wonderful women on my forum, Granola Chicks. There are many at-home moms and small business operators on there and I am hoping for advice and possibly a referral or two.
I don't need much, just about $250 a month would be perfect. I am also going to be looking up information on business management and accounting. I need to be better equipped for this job or I'll fail again.
It feels so difficult and I know it's ignorance of proper business and fear or failure that make it seem so hard. I have to do something and I would love to make Melanie's Closet a success.
I don't have many readers here, but if you see this and happen to have advice for me or if you're in need of crochet, send me an email or post a comment. And thanks in advance for the help!
I've tried Mary Kay and that was a huge bust. I also applied to ChaCha and they asked me not to reapply, lol, so I assume I wasn't a sparkling example of what they were looking for in an employee. I'm simple and hard working, I am too blunt and honest for sales, and I don't want to leave my kids. Why can't I find a job that works for me?

No comments: