Thursday, June 3, 2010

the things that happen

I have been trying to get healthier and the road has gotten rough a few times. Bouts of insomnia, falling off the wagon in regards to food or soda, pneumonia, travel, you name it. Sometimes the rough spots in the road damage my willpower and I eat more than I should of things I shouldn't, sometimes I'm not able to work out or be active.
As a result, I've lost roughly 30 lbs in the last year, but it was all 6 months or more ago. Since then, I have held steady at 285 pounds.The good news is that I'm still a size 24 and I feel more fit than I have in years. The bad news is that I'm not losing anything.
During my recent vacation to Florida I had alcohol and desserts every day as well as soda and sweet tea. Thankfully the immense amount of walking I did daily countered it and I held steady.
I also stopped my daily workout a few weeks ago as a last ditch effort to figure out why my period stopped. Since it doesn't seem to have been the miracle fix to the problem, I'm back to the daily exercise. I'm also going to be watching my intake again (stopped for a while)
My hips and pelvis were hating me a lot for all the work I was putting them through so I finally took Mike up on his offer to go to his chiropractor for an adjustment. Sure enough, there was a significant height difference, my right being 1 1/2 inches higher. The doctor said he could fix that through a few smaller adjustments over time, but he was unhappy about my answers to his questions so he gave me a further examination. From that, he tells me there is a very high likelihood I have something called myofascial pain syndrome. Never heard of it before he mentioned it so I looked it up when I got home and wow, it's sucky. Almost as sucky as the painful,painful examination.
That was Tuesday and I have another appointment for Friday and again Monday. In the meantime- I have a cold. Yay.
Today I am starting over, back to eating healthier, being active, and drinking more water. I need to lose about 30 pounds to be back to my average adult weight and right now that is my aim. After I reach that I'll take a good hard look and decide if I should keep going.

No comments: