Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ah, life changes on me yet again

A couple of months back I got sick and it never got better, just worse, so I went to the doctor who diagnosed me with pneumonia. I was on an inhaler as well as a course of strong antibiotics and while it made a big difference, I still had chest pains and felt weak and breathless for weeks after the course of meds was over.
Mason weaned just before his birthday in October, just before I got sick, and I expected to go back to a normal cycle instead of the 53 day cycle I've had since he was 6 months old. Instead, I stopped having a cycle at all. Of course, I thought it was due to my illness, or the meds, stress, emotional pain... I was under a lot of ... oh, EVERYTHING.
Then it occurred to me that I might be pregnant but I didn't feel like I was, so we tested every week for 6 weeks with negative results every time. I missed a second 53 day cycle and I had PMS like normal, but again, nothing.
I waited til I missed my second cycle and still got a negative before I would make an appointment to see my ob/gyn, and with things going on lately I kept forgetting to make the appointment til today. SO - I see the doctor on the 22nd.

No comments: