Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hair and other silly things

Since I've lost a couple sizes I've been excited about clothing again. Shoes too! Oh, to buy a sexy pair of shoes is AWESOME!. Soda is the devil and puffed my feet for years. Stopped drinking it and suddenly I can wear cute shoes. Of course that means a pedicure... which HAS to bring along a manicure.
Cute clothes, nice shoes, shiny nails, mom hair and no make up. Wait, what? Who likes clashing with your own clothing? I have been taking care of my skin since I had Mason. 27 is a little late to start, I know, but I suddenly developed undereye circles and my skin has taken on a look that flashed me back to my mom when I was 5. Not that she wasn't a pretty women, but it makes clear that I am still getting older on the outside even if I feel 24 on the inside.
I have been on a search for the right eyeshadow. Since I didn't wear it for most of my make up wearing years, I looked up colors and styles and brands. I faced that all important question of sparkle or no sparkle? Cream or powder? Shine or matte?
I found it, the perfect eye shadow for me. I brought it home and ripped the plastic off, too excited to care that it was 10 pm and I was headed no-where but bed. I followed the directions I had read so many times and applied my gorgeous new shadow. When I came out of the bathroom I felt something must have gone awry with my technique, it didn't look right. My dear, darling husband laughed at me. I believe the words goth, preteen, and hooker were brought into play.
OK, the makeup needs some work. So I'll start practicing. I was given a link to a video made for a website called Make Up Geek, it was good. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hair - I wanted to look like Sara Rue. I washed my hair and prepared to go get all glammed up. Sadly, Mike accidentally bypassed the salon and then when he made time for it, it was closed. Turns out it was ok to miss the haircut because we went over our grocery budget and my hair was not as important as food. Go figure.
Hey, if you have a suggestion for my hair, let me know! I still have time for deliberation before next payday.

No comments: