Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fall in LaPine



Yesterday at about 3 pm I realized that it had been snowing for the last couple of hours the dogs had been outside. I rushed outside to get them and since I didn't see them right off, I looked out to the road where I expected them to be and yelled as loud as I could with a sore throat. Two lumps of snow jumped up and shook off as they came running. They were already completely covered!



The snow got worse overnight and the kids crammed together in my room on the floor. Mike had fallen asleep on the click-clack and resisted waking up, so I left him there. He woke at 4:30 am and barely stood up before the power went out. It was only out for an hour or so, there was a tree that went down in the snow and knocked out the power to our block. It got CHILLY for a while in the house but our room was toasty with all that body heat.

When we got up, Mike made cream of wheat and toast for the whole crew. It was so nice! I tend to miss him during the week and he has so much to catch up on most weekends that between kids and projects and work, I barely get any time. This weekend has been awesome. He didn't even have to shovel the drive in order to run an errand today because some wonderful neighbor plowed our drive for us anonymously. Still, we had to put on the chains to go check the mail and go to the bank.

No comments: