Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wait, what IS that?

I think... I could be wrong now, but I think.... is it stillness?

Mike and I are so very very thankful for all the help, love, support, and free childcare that our families gave us during the move and for a time thereafter. I enjoyed my sister and her kids so much, I loved having Elizabeth here for a week and change. It was a life-saver that there were people to either help lift heavy things or to watch the kids while WE lifted heavy things.

However, that gratitude and love doesn't stop me from sitting upstairs, soaking in the knowledge that this is the first time since our move that it's just me and the boys. When Mike gets home, it'll be the whole family and no-one extra. I'm caught between giddy excitement and peaceful contentment. We're not unpacked (I'd say about halfway) we have tons of laundry to do, we need curtains and curtain rods, the pictures are all still packed away, we don't even have hangers up yet. The upstairs toilet seal leaks, the downstairs showerhead is partially blocked and dribbles, the dishwasher needs L brackets to stabilize it and the heater in the downstairs bedroom is stuck on and has no knob.
We also have tons of sunlight from all the windows, the downstairs seems to always be cool and comfortable, there is so much room here that we can play hide and seek and it's actually a challenge. The yard is sooo big and since there is no landscaping yet, I can do nearly anything I want. Our neighbors seem nice.
I'm really happy.
The PLAN - enjoy unpacking, getting the house made into a home and checking off items on the Honey Do list while we have time alone here. Mike made plans months ago for a weekend in Seattle this July. The kids get to see a few attractions we know they'll love and Mike has secret plans for at least one night out for the two of us.
When we get back from the family weekend, my mom is supposed to be coming back up to visit. We got so little mother-daughter time while she WAS here that I am really looking forward to her visiting for no other reason than to drink coffee, hit the yarn shops and thrift stores, have our knit sessions, and talk talk talk. I miss my mom.
I wonder when my dad is gonna come see the place? I wish Nanny and Dandad could come up, but I don't know that it will ever happen.
My brother's cat Lula had kittens and from what I hear they are adorable. Mike suggested I get a cat and I can't wait to see them! I don't know which are spoken for already, but I don't mind. I just don't want a male who'll pee on my stuff. I went through that once before and it was enough.

OH, that reminds me! I get to see my Chris and Kirsten on the way up to Seattle!!!! It's been far too long. Chris spoke last night of some sheep who are endangered. Hand-pluck, no shearing, petting zoo size. This interests me, I would love to have sheep around... we'd just have to fence the place and plant grass first. We're doing that in the spring anyway, this might mean we won't need a mower :) ( I believe that is what he said, but I was tired and he might not have spoken of sheep at all)
I have a couple of boxes to unpack for my quota today, but after that I'm gonna kick back and forget it all. Ahhhhhhh. Good times.

No comments: