Monday, June 29, 2009

The joys of a new home

I have been making my new home actually LOOK like a home, little by little. Furniture being placed, getting pictures out to hang on the walls, houseplants, etc. this has involved me running up and down the stairs between 10 and 20 times a day.
Those stairs have given me a whole new reason to love living here... I've lost an inch around my middle as well as more than half the 'muffin top' look I was sporting, my backside has lifted about 2 inches and my thighs are slimming down. Sure, the flat butt made my silhouette appear slimmer, but the lifted and tightened backside looks sexier. Even if it means I have a big ol bedonkey-donk back there again. I don't see that side of me often, I can deal.
I have been working on making permanent healthy changes to my diet for the past few months and I lost about 8 pounds. More water, less soda, getting a salad instead of fries, having a healthier breakfast, you get the gist. I am now looking good in a 24 and this means my next big goal is to get to a size 22. About 10 pounds. I need to give a little more effort, I think, so I am using weakling dumbells (because I'm a wuss now) and making sure to take the stairs more often. I should be there in the next 3-4 weeks if I am a good girl. Which in reality means 4 weeks or more, lol.
I feel so very good about myself and the way I look now, even though I am nowhere near my ultimate goal of a size 16. I decided to not use the scale, but to use clothing sizes instead. I feel prettier, I look better, I feel so inspired to keep it up, like I really will be able to achieve my goals.

Wish me luck!

No comments: