Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Yay, a package in the mail!

I love getting things in the mail. Free things in the mail are even better, but the the best yet is the combination of all is a package of free things coming to the house when I'd forgotten about it. Oh, happy goodness-in-a-bag. This is what I got-

Photobucket

There was some confusion and a couple of minutes of silence while I tried to recall ordering something from Target, then I remembered a makeup bag of hair care samples I signed up to get. I have somewhat finicky hair and a sudden allergy to silicone so I've tried many different products in attempts to find one that I can use AND afford. Samples are the answer.

I used the John Frieda Full Repair shampoo and conditioner today and the shampoo felt a little harsh as I used it but when my hair dried the curls were soft and hydrated so I guess it wasn't as bad as I feared it might be. Here's what else I recieved:

John Frieda Full Repair shampoo and conditioner
TRES`emme low sulfate shampoo and silicone free conditioner
Garnier Fructis Fortifying Pure Clean shampoo and conditioner
L'oreal Youth Code
Pond's Evening Soothe cleansing towelettes with chamomile and white tea
a Target coupon book
all in a cute little zippered makeup bag

I'm looking forward to the Garnier and TRES`emme samples, crossing my fingers that they'll work out. I used co-washing with a baking soda scrub right now, but I would love to have a store-bought alternative for certain situations where it would be more convenient or I need my hair to look it's best and I don't want to pay for it by itching and flaking for days. I've tried L`oreal skin products and I have confidence in them, but the Pond's towelettes are an unknown.

No comments: