Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Which way is up?

I am feeling so much better, the sore, swollen jaw has faded to a mild ache. I tried to eat a sandwich yesterday and despite it being as soft as I could make it, it was too much for my gums and jaw. I felt like I had chewed sand afterward.
Yesterday I finished the anti nausea Rx and today I'm taking my last 2 penicillin so I figured it was a good time to try going off the pain pills. I figured at the worst I would be in pain after a few hours and would take it again, but at the best I would feel fine and not have to take any more.
Um, I assumed too much. I was actually somewhere in between the two. I was sore and grumpy but not enough that I felt I needed the heavy stuff. Ibuprofen helped the pain well enough that I am happy taking that instead, but Mike suggested I take one of the heavy duty pills for the night. Not waking up in the middle of the night with a painful jaw? let me think about that. Today I was able to eat without pain, sauteed baby squash and mushrooms with a sprinkling of cheese. It was so good to eat solid food!
There is a single issue now that I would like to be rid of. I'm dizzy and a little slow. I know you're laughing, yuck it up. Got it out of your system now? OK, moving on.
I took one of the hydrocodone at 11 pm last night and nothing but ibuprofen today yet the dizziness persists. If I sit still and don't talk or move my head too quickly then it's minimal. I still feel like someone is spinning the couch a little if I focus too closely on anything but it's not overwhelming like it is if I stand or goodness gracious, walk up the stairs. I've also noticed a strange correlation. The dizzier I am, the harder it is to speak. If you know me or have ever read this blog, talking isn't a hardship for me. I feel like I have to work for every word, over-pronouncing and spacing each word out as though I've had a stroke. I'm not taking the pain pills anymore, period.

No comments: