Saturday, April 16, 2011

On to something slightly different

I have lost weight, I really have. Last year at this time I was about 310 again and now I'm 278. I worked for that number - not hard exactly, but it was still work. However, the Acai Berry Blend and Cleanse Aware didn't help me lose wight. I did lose 4 lbs from colon cleanse and while I'm tickled to be down by ANY poundage, ew. Seriously? 4 lbs? Again I say, ew.
I've only lost 2 lbs this last month and a half and that's a little short of what I was aiming for, which was 12 lbs. On the upside, while window shopping with my SIL I found I am now a size 22W. Note the W, that means I'm still big, but a size smaller than before. My 24s are too big and most brands of 22 are tight. Not in a painful,red line, sucking-in-to-zip sort of way but more along the lines of an uncomfortable awareness of a tiny muffin top and obvious camel-toe kid of way. I just don't have the cojones to walk in public like that... which you would see quite clearly if you saw me in 22 regulars.
I love the losing, hate the in-between sizing. But who makes a 23 women's tall? in anything? Nobody *I* can afford. I hate showing off my knees in dresses and my ankles in pants. I hate showing them off, period, but it's especially bad when I am trying to look cute. I celebrated by buying a pair of jeans, a pair of shoes, and a super duper fancy dress. Who knows, I my wear it somewhere, but in the mean time I am prepared. And really excited about being a 22.
At least I was. Now that the shock of that has worn a little, I'm on to a new goal of a size 20. I figure that will take about 10 lbs, so I'm giving myself the goal date of June 1st to lose those 10 lbs. A friend of mine has lost a ton of weight and I am going to be a good little lemming and follow her example. She said her doctor was concerned about the weight she'd gained so she gave her some simple guidelines to lose the weight - avoid "white" foods and sugar, eat veggies, lean meats, and dairy (milk,yogurt) daily. So every morning she starts her day with oatmeal and eats normal portions of lean meats and veggies for her meals, having a snack of yogurt, fruit, or some sort of fiber bar during the day. Increase water. She's lost 41 pounds as of yesterday, she managed it BEFORE her goal date!
Considering my self control is spotty at best and I'm doing it alone, still feeding Mike and the kids foods I wont be eating, i don't think I'll make a spectacular showing right away. But I know it worked for her, I've thought about doing this before and I checked out the South Beach diet book for recipe ideas.
On the 29th of March my middle son turned 6. Not only was it hard to handle emotionally but I ate the cake. Like, nearly the whole thing, myself. I cant guess what you're thinking and I KNOW!! Gross. Ten my period and a cold hit on the same day. Period is gone, cold is nearly gone, but the weight is still here. I guess I can't keep calling it water weight if it's still here this long after, right?
In 9 days my oldest turns 8. Wah. I get to face this little scenario again. Then 5 days later, my youngest sister turns 19. WTH is going on here? I'm not that old, this is not happening. The best I can hope for is to lose weight, get healthy, and hope it makes me younger and prettier looking along the way. At least when I lose the weight I'll be likely to live long enough to see my great grandkids :)
I'm heading down to see my family soon. I've missed them all and it'll be good to see them. It's hard to see Nanny going through what she's going through, being in a nursing home, in so much pain, suffering with her dementia. It's even harder seeing her house empty or with someone else in it. But it's great to see Bert and her kids, being around the same ages as my monsters.. er, darlings.. we can get together at a park or large restaurant and no other adult in the group will be giving me THAT look. You know, the one that accuses you of knowingly bringing children into the world and then inflicting them on the public before the age of "knowing how to shut up and be invisible so as not to inconvenience adults". Bite me.
I get to spend time with my dad and his family, I really wish I could see them more. And Maybe, just maybe, I can pin my mom to a firm date for a visit to us up here in the boonies. I hit a bunch of sales after the first melt-off and I have a winter assortment of coats and sweaters for my nieces and nephews, a handful of clothing for my littlest sis, and a shirt for my mom.
I'm so glad to see less snow! I say less, not 'the end of' because still get snow every other day here and it melts off in anywhere from an hour to 2 days. when this stops, I have a bunch of planting and yard work planned. In the meantime, Mike is fixing things around the house. Changing the filter on the pump, building a well house, fixing the toilet and tub faucet downstairs, replacing the faucet in the kitchen, and making preparations for the remodeling the upstairs and downstairs bathrooms. When that's done, we have windows to replace and a new front door to put in... then I get to paint. hehe. this summer is going to be full, for sure. We joined Groupon and got a big discount on ticket to the Oregon Coast Aquarium, so we have plans to go to the coast in the beginning of August. Right about when I turn 31. Hopefully by then I'll be significantly lighter and feel much younger than (and therefore better about) turning 31.

No comments: