Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Waiting can kill

I've been told so many times that "XYZ never hurt anyone". the XYZ has been everything from love, to hard work, to a single drink.... but it's not true. I don't know how people can say it when it can't possibly be true.
In my latest situation, it's most commonly been XYZ= waiting/patience. Again, not true, it depends on many factors such as what you are waiting FOR, how long you wait, and if you have any influences on your health that might make the stress a negative in the equation.
And yes, patience IS a virtue, but sitting twiddling ones thumbs is not.
PERSPECTIVE people! Don't bandy around such pat sayings unless you can either back them up with proof or do something to improve the situation.

Quick back story - we got a loan, we found the house, we put in an offer and counter offer on said house, it was accepted, all inspections went well and we were supposed to be IN the house by the 15th of this month. The underwriters got wiggy about a bill that was late by a month and then paid in full TWO YEARS AGO. So of course they held up the works on the very last step.
We needed to get the paper work to prove all was well, but the people who could send it were vacationing. When they got back on Monday they sent the letter and by Friday it was still not at the mortgage brokers office and not here at our house. Now it's Tuesday and still no sign of the darn letter and no calls from anyone to update us.
The strain of trying to wait patiently is starting to hurt. I found myself staring into the bathroom mirror yesterday thinking that we could call every day to see if the letter is there yet. That might get irritating to the broker, I thought to myself, then bristled at the objection the imaginary broker in my head made to my my imaginary daily phone calls for updates and argued with her on the imaginary phone in my head that it only takes 15 seconds and she didn't even have to put herself to the work of dialing and to her this might be paperwork but to me it's a home.
I found myself glaring at my own reflection, all tight in the chest and indignant over the argument.
See? Waiting can hurt, even if it's only my sanity.
I need to MOVE already!!!!!

No comments: