Sunday, February 8, 2009

New stuff

My trusty slide phone has been acting up and needed to be replaced. Since I've had it for going on two years now I was eligible for a free upgrade. Tonight I got a cute, thin little bar phone... it rang up as $226.95 Heart attack when I saw it, but Mike was standing there to reassure me with a litany of "free,free, free - don't panic".
We also replaced my poor dying pc. Mike fell in love with the tiny little laptops by Acer and tried to convince me it was a good substitute. Really big waste of breath as I know next to nothing about computers. I use www.surfthechannel.com and check my favorite forums,email and talk on IM.Of course, I can't forget surfing around looking at patterns and window shopping in general.

He tried to make it more desirable by touting the webcam ... I hate those things. Makes me nervous as can be. Paranoid reasoning, lol. You don't want me to explain. He stopped at Best Buy today to "look around" and found a similar computer for $100 less. Unlike the Acer, it had no webcam, an SSD and only came in white. I didn't give a hoot as you all know by now, so it was perfect for me. Called an Eee PC.
Tonight I came home with a new tiny itty bitty laptop of my very own, a tiny itty bitty phone of my very own, and replaced all of my make up, too.
Mike says I could put my entire life in my purse and it's true. I have a medium sized bag and I can fit my laptop, my phone, makeup, wallet, a diaper, and a travel wipes case in it.
Before you think that I spent a wad on makeup, I would like to say I wear very little of it and I make it last twice as long as it's supposed to. I wear eyeliner, mascara, foundation and lipgloss - when going out on the town. I was O-U-T out of the stuff I bought two years ago on sale. Thank goodness I wear mineral powder, right? Tonight I bought a foundation-blush-finishing powder collection from Physicians Formula, an under eye concealer for $1.50, and mascara for green eyes from CoverGirl. All of it is awesome and will last me years.Literally. My nearly 4 year old was just turned 18 months when I bought my last jar of powder.
I found a giant savings on a set of lotion and skin repair stuff called Skin Genesis a couple of weeks ago, too. I tried some from a sample I got in the mail and my skin felt sooo good I looked to buy a whole bottle and found it the cheapest at WalMart for $17.98 per bottle. Ouch. So I held off and a couple weeks after that I found it at Costco, only one set left. $23 for a full size bottle of lotion and serum as well as a little purse sized bottle of serum. STEAL!!
All I need is haircut and to drop 20 pounds, I'll be a whole freaking new person! I feel great, only 18 pounds to go for that goal, hahaha. Good luck, right? I love bad food. Sigh.. of course I do, I didn't get this fat off of lettuce and tofu.

No comments: