Wednesday, October 15, 2008

How cool!


If you know me at all, then you know I cloth diaper. I am also a baby-wearing, non-vaxxing, breastfeeding, sewing, knitting, crocheting, home baking, homeschooling mom. Yeah, I know, crazy, right? Anyway, back to diapers. My youngest, 11 months old now, has outgrown his diapers and my older boys... either in cahoots or on the sly broke my only working sewing machine. I have two more broken ones in the pit of no return.... er, the garage and a serger who's manual had been spirited off by those self-same boys. As this isn't enough, toss in having only $7 to last the week before payday and then spice it up with a dead fridge. Bam. You have a good mess.
Basically, I was boned.
I got the sweetest thing in the mail... a wonderful and very very thoughtful friend knew I was broke and the machine was broke and the darn inconsiderate child kept GROWING as if I was made of diapers... so when she saw a deal on some pre-loved diapers in his size, she got them and sent them to me!!!! Oh, happy day!
It's enough for an entire stash, unless he develops Super Poo and it dissolves the diapers, we're set. And even cooler, they all have snaps. He has recently discovered velcro and that bites because I made allllll of his diapers with velcro fasteners and most of his covers.
Look at that backside. I'm so happy!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Of course he's figured out velcro...he's your son.(and my grandson)I can enjoy this state of affairs immensely; I'm allowed...cause I'm Gramma, and I don't have to deal with the logistics.