Monday, April 25, 2011

Stormy Weather and really good meds

I had 5 teeth taken out on Friday morning. 4 wisdom teeth, 3 of which were impacted, and one molar that couldn't be saved. I was all cozied up by taking a diazepam Thursday night and two more 30 minutes before my appointment on Friday morning. It was so easy, I remember being woozy and warmly dizzy on the way into the office but I lost visual somewhere between the waiting room and the exam room. I remember hearing them tell me to sit, I felt the iv go in and the 3-4 injections in my mouth, then I woke up. I slept most of the way home and I spent the first 24 hours in and out of consciousness, waking take pills and follow directions. Once I woke with an intense hot flash followed by cold sweat and shakes, then vomiting. Mike was taking such good care of me, he called Dr Kreuger for an anti nausea med which strangely, is revolting to taste.
Soft foods, liquids, and tons of rest and I'm getting slowly back to normal. Mike was waiting on me hand and foot all weekend and took a sick day today to help me out more since I'm still a little messed up. He's so great.
I cant focus on a book or crochet, I get crosseyed and sleepy every time I do.

No comments: